All changes or additions have been written in italics
Lamb and Apricot Stew
2 tbsp oil
2 shallots, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 whole cloves
400 g boned leg of lamb, cubed
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 pint water
10-14 dried apricots
1 dried chilli, finely chopped
1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp clear honey
chopped toasted almonds, to garnish
salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the shallot and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the ground cinnamon and cloves; fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the lamb, cook for 5-6 minutes, stir until browned.
4. Add the tomatoes, water, apricots, chilli, rosemary, nutmeg and add seasoning. Bring to the boil the cover the pan, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Stir in the honey and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the lamb is tender.
6. Serve garnished with some chopped almond.
Also the lovely Maria of The Goddess's Kitchen has tagged me for a meme. So here it is.....
1. Write your own six-word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five or six (choice is yours) more blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
6 word memoir:
6 people being tagged:
1. Dell from Cooking and the City
2. Kate from Paved with Good Intentions
3. Jaime from Good eats n sweet treats
4. Ryan from Ryan's recipe blog
5. Mr Orph from Mr Orph's Kitchen
6. Sio from Cake creations