Seeing as we're heading on our delayed honeymoon this Thursday I'm trying to use up some of the bits and pieces we have in our fridge, so tonight I made some pasta as follows:
Ruth's leftovers pasta
200g mushroom bolognese sauce
1 diced chicken breast
1 sliced green bell pepper
5-8 button mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
Handful of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown chicken in a pan (5 mins)
2. Add the sauce and peppers to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Boil salted water and add pasta. boil for 10 minutes (or as required according to the packet instructions)
4. In a separate pot melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain pasta, add chicken, peppers and muhrooms. Mix
6. Cover the pasta with the cheese and allow to melt. Serve.
Very tasty, simple and now I've less in the fridge to use before we go! Yay!