I had spotted this recipe a while ago on All Recipes and had it saved in my bookmarks. Eventually tonight I opened the link again and decided to have a go at it for dinner, but made a few little tweaks to it myself. Really yum, but next time might change garlic salt to 1/2 tbsp garlic powder.
650g Chicken breast (or 3 chicken breasts)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
2. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a well greased baking dish.
3. In a small bowl mix together the ginger, paprika, garlic salt and cinnamon. Add the vinegar and mix well. Divide this mixture. Brush 1/2 over the chicken pieces and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the chicken pieces, baste with the remaining 1/2 of the vinegar mixture and bake for 15 minutes longer.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple juice and brown sugar.
6. When chicken baking time is up, spoon the pineapple/soy mixture over the chicken.
7. Bake for another 30 minutes. Serve while still hot and garnish with spring onions