Today was little Stewie's first birthday and being a weirdo like I said earlier today in my other blog I decided to make him a birthday cake. I can't give my opinion on the taste but Stewie has ate half of it quite happily! And he loved licking the spoon too.
Stewie's birthday cake - aka Chicken and Bacon cake
3 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars (125ml) chicken & rice baby food
1/2 carrot, finely shredded
3 strips of bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled
1. Generously grease and flour two 8" round cake pans; set aside.
2. Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl then set to the side.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter until smooth.
4. Add the eggs and the corn oil and mix.
5. Then add the chicken baby food and shredded carrots, and mix.
6. Add the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour the batter into the 2 cake pans.
8. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
10. Slice through the top of one of the cakes to make it flat and set on a serving plate, then spread some yogurt over the top. 11. Set the second layer on top, then spread some more yogurt on top.
12. Sprinkle crumbled bacon or bits of jerky strips over top.