The way I usually make this is by buying a portion of curry sauce from the chinese take away, cooking the chicken, add the sauce. I decided it was time I tried to make it for myself and it was delicious!
Oriental Chicken Curry
50 g creamed coconut, cut into chunks
300ml boiling water
1.5 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 chicken breasts, diced
2 tbsp oil (I used sesame oil)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
1. Place the creamed coconut in a bowl and stir in the water. When dissolved stir in the curry powder, chinese 5 spice and ginger. Add the chicken and allow to marinate for an hour.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook in the wok/pan for 5 minutes, stirring.
4. Reduce the heat, add the marinade and the soy sauce. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Season with salt and the coriander.