Rob and I were watching some TV yesterday morning just before we got up and we saw one of the characters in the show eating pancakes, we looked at each other and knew we had to have some. I hadn't made pancakes in well over a year, I had to look up my recipe again!
Stack o pancakes
Makes 7 or 8 pancakes
500 ml (2 cups) flour
250 ml (1 cup) milk
65 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add in the milk and eggs and stir well, don't whisk, but be sure there are no lumps
3. Add a little butter to a large cast iron pan or crêpe pan and heat on a medium heat.
4. Pour in half a ladle of the batter and tilt the pan with your other hand to spread the batter evenly and to make a round shape
5. Once the edges begin to colour and small bubbles appear all over the surface, flip the pancake.
6. Cook for a few moments on the other side and slide onto a plate. Keep warm until all the pancakes are cooked. Remember to add a little more butter to the pan for each pancake.
We had ours with maple syrup and a little melted chocolate this time. Delicious!