This is my 100th post on Ruth's Kitchen Experiments!!!!! And what better way to celebrate than with Malteser buns?!?!?!?!
I love getting these from coffee shops, they're just incredible! And bound to be jam packed with calories, but hey you have to indulge every now and again right?
There's no real baking involved making them extremely simple and filled with chocolately flavour
Makes 16 "buns"
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp cocoa powder
175g Rich tea biscuits
200g milk chocolate
200g white chocolate
1. Place the biscuits into a ziplock bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin ( a great way to vent any stress!)
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup together, stir in the cocoa.
3. Stir in the crushed biscuits.
4. Melt the milk chocolate and stir into the mixture
5. Crush half the maltesers then add to mixture.
6. Spread the mixture on a baking tray pressing it down to compact.
7. Spread the remaining whole maltesers on top and press them into the mixture slightly.
8. Melt the white chocolate. Pour over the top of the biscuits and spread.
9. Allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours, then remove and cut into 16
Chocolatey chocolateness! No better way to celebrate 100 posts :o)
EDIT: See here for a new and improved version