Saturday 2 February 2008

Malteser buns!!!!

This is my 100th post on Ruth's Kitchen Experiments!!!!! And what better way to celebrate than with Malteser buns?!?!?!?!

I love getting these from coffee shops, they're just incredible! And bound to be jam packed with calories, but hey you have to indulge every now and again right?

There's no real baking involved making them extremely simple and filled with chocolately flavour


Malteser buns

Makes 16 "buns"

Ingredients

75g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp cocoa powder
175g Rich tea biscuits
175g Maltesers
200g milk chocolate
200g white chocolate

Recipe
1. Place the biscuits into a ziplock bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin ( a great way to vent any stress!)
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup together, stir in the cocoa.
3. Stir in the crushed biscuits.
4. Melt the milk chocolate and stir into the mixture
5. Crush half the maltesers then add to mixture.
6. Spread the mixture on a baking tray pressing it down to compact.
7. Spread the remaining whole maltesers on top and press them into the mixture slightly.
8. Melt the white chocolate. Pour over the top of the biscuits and spread.
9. Allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours, then remove and cut into 16

Chocolatey chocolateness! No better way to celebrate 100 posts :o)


EDIT: See here for a new and improved version

10 comments:

  1. I can definitely vouch how good these are. I make another version of Malteser Traybake but very similar to yours and it should come with a warning!! Highly addictive and too good.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these do look very delicious and with Malteser's I know I couldn't resist not to eat one!?!

    Wising you a Happy 100th and look forward to viewing the next 100 posts :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maria.... they definitely are addictive... I keep trying to trick myself into thinking there are none left to stop myself gorging on them all at once!

    Thanks cooking, Thanks Kate and Thanks Maryann. Doesn't feel like 100 posts but am loving this! Here's to the next 100!

    Thanks Rosie and you're right, impossible to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthe these malteser buns look great. A real chocolate treat yum yum!

    It is fantastic this is your 100th post well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jeena! Next step make something healthier! I may need to look through all those lovely treats on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm.... these look so yummy! congrats on your 100th post! glad to see you've joined the DB too :) i finally got up the nerve to join this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mrs Presley. And GL for DB, have to say I'm still rather intimidated by the prospect of it all but I can only give it a go and see. It's not like I'll die if it doesn't turn out well, right?

    Hey Jerri, thanks for stopping by. They taste even better than they look. Liking your blog! I'll be adding it to my RSS reader.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!