Today is International Women's Day and in honour of that Zorra is hosting a blog event where you've too cook something yellow. I decided to make a recipe from my Mum's own cookbook that I told you about recently and made her chicken curry recipe.
Mum's chicken curry
Makes 2 portions
1 tsp butter
1 tsp oil
1 small onion, diced
2 chicken breasts, diced.
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp flour
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 oz raisins or sultanas
1 small apple, cored and chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat the butter and oil. Add the onion and chicken and cook for 6 minutes.
2. Add curry paste and gently cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and gently cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes until thick
5. Add the tomato puree, apple, sultanas/raisins and salt. Cook gently for 15 minutes.