Saturday 8 March 2008

Mum's Chicken Curry

Today is International Women's Day and in honour of that Zorra is hosting a blog event where you've too cook something yellow. I decided to make a recipe from my Mum's own cookbook that I told you about recently and made her chicken curry recipe.

Mum's chicken curry


Makes 2 portions

Ingredients

1 tsp butter
1 tsp oil
1 small onion, diced
2 chicken breasts, diced.
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp flour
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 oz raisins or sultanas
1 small apple, cored and chopped
180ml stock
1/2 tsp salt

Recipe
1. Heat the butter and oil. Add the onion and chicken and cook for 6 minutes.
2. Add curry paste and gently cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and gently cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes until thick
5. Add the tomato puree, apple, sultanas/raisins and salt. Cook gently for 15 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. I do agree moms dishes are always the best.
    I make my moms dishes and then still say it is not tasting as good as she makes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had more recipes from my mom! unfortunately she never writes them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking up my mum's dishes too and your mum's chicken curry looks and sounds so delicious :D

    What a lovely post!!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good chicken curry. My husband doesn't, so I don't have it very often, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dell! It really is a treasure, and so fun to make the things my Mum made for me.

    Very true Happy Cook, there's always something special about Mum's cooking.

    Hi Jaime, that's a real shame... in fact my favourite recipe by my mum (her veggie soup) is one she just does from memory :-(

    Hi Rosie, it was fantastic, great flavour!

    I love a good chicken curry too Deborah, fortunately my hubby does like this but there are millions of things he doesn't that I love so I've to take advantage of ti as often as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that looks great! White rice and Curry Chicken for dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww I wish I had a handwritten cookbook from my mum! How lucky! Lovely ingredients to your dish ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Priscilla. It's a great combination.

    Thanks Pixie! Its a real treasure to have.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!