Friday 24 April 2009

Taste and Create: Twice the Spice Chicken

I owe you all a big apology. I haven't been blogging the last fortnight because I've been a little distracted with work and by our second anniversary celebrations!

About a month ago Rob and I decided to plan surprises for each other to celebrate so on Sunday when I got home from work, Rob told me to pack my bags and surprised me with a trip to Paris for a couple of days!



I'm surprising Rob tomorrow, but it won't be anywhere near as exciting as Paris!!!!

For now though I'm cutting it tight on posting this month's Taste and Create entry. I was paired with In the Garden of Eatin' - a fun food blog filled with recipes for every day healthy cooking on a budget.

I decided to make twice the spice chicken. A quick tasty dinner for sure!

Twice the Spice Chicken
Source: In the Garden of Eatin'

Ingredients

1.5 lbs Chicken (I used diced chicken breast)
1/3 cup Canola Oil (I used rapeseed oil)
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tbsp Season Salt
Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce (I've never heard of this before, so used Jerk/BBQ sauce)



Recipe
1. Heat grill pan (or normal pan) to medium high heat.
2. In a large bowl combine oil, chili powder, onion powder and season salt (this is your first spicy layer). Toss chicken to coat.
3. Transfer chicken to the grill pan and cook through.
4. When the chicken is done cooking stir in the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversry. What a wonderful surprise going to Paris. Lovely happy photograph. One for a frame I think.
    Oh and the chicken looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Ruth and this wing recipe looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I may be late but, here's wishing you all the best on your anniversary!!! Cheers for more happy years to come! --- Ning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely picture! Happy Anniversary to you guys (and may I say what a very pretty couple you are too) ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!