Thursday 28 May 2009

Taste and Create: Orange Cake

I'm slightly late in posting this (and like a million other things!!!!!!!) but life has been rather busy the last few months and I've not had time for blogging, but have been baking and cooking when I get the chance.

So this is my post for this month's Taste and Create hosted this month by Min and Shell at The Bad Girls' Kitchen.

I was paired with Tasty Treats by Poornima - a blog I hadn't come across and one I enjoyed having a sift through deciding what to make. I love orange flavours at the minute and I love baking so I had to make this....

Orange Cake
Source: Tasty Treats

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp orange essence (you could add a few drops more according to your taste)
a little orange colour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Candied orange peel
Chopped mixed nuts for topping
Orange Flavoured Chocolate shavings (My addition to the recipe(



Recipe
Grease and line a 9"x5" loaf tin bundt tin.
Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C.
Sieve the flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
Beat the eggs and sugar together in a for 5mins on high.
Add the oil, orange and lemon juice, essence and colour and beat for about 2mins till well combined.
Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined.
Spread the chocolate shavings and some candied peel around the tin
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25mins or til done.
Unmould and cool on a wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ruth, That's are very nice looking orange cake!

    You know, there's another orange cake that I think you'd like to check out from Damien Pignolet called Serious Orange Cake. Instead of orange juice, you use a whole orange blitz into a pulp (without seeds). Hope that piqued your interest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an orange cake recipe that I love, but this one makes me want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange flavoured cakes and this one looks and sounds absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!