Yesterday at the butchers Rob and I picked out what we wanted for dinner tonight. Rob got a steak, I got a couple of chicken drumsticks. and here's what we did with them:
Steak in Herb Marinade
1 Sirloin Steak
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Grind the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in mortar and pestle (If you don't have a mortar and pestle put it in a food bag and bash the life out of it with the end of a rolling pin)
2. Mix this with the oil, worcestershire sauce and garlic.
3. Place steak on a plate and cover in the marinade. Leave to stand for 3 hours in room temperature, turning occassionally.
4. Heat frying pan (don't add oil - there's enough in the marinade)
5. Fry the steak on each side for 3 minutes (Rob likes a medium rare steak - adjust this time according to what way you like your steak)
Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
2 or 3 chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons honey
1 lemon, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1. Place chicken into an oven proof dish
2. Pour the honey over the chicken and place the garlic and lemon slices on top.
3. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 190C
All of the above served with a choice of veg (sweetcorn for me, peas for Rob), baked potato and ciabatta to share.