Tuesday 30 October 2007

Bangers and Mash - with a twist

I've never really had bangers and mask much in my lifetime, however I recently saw someone on TV eating some and got a craving! So tonight for dinner I made it with a couple of little twists.

For those who don't know what "bangers and mash" is, it's pork sausages and mashed potatoes.

Bangers and Mash with a twist aka Honey Glazed sausages and Champ

Serves 1

Ingredients

3/4 pork sausages
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vegetable oil
2/3 medium sized potatoes
1/4 cup chopped Scallions

Recipe
1. Chop potatoes and boil for 20-25 minutes. (I left the skins on but you can peel them if you like)
2. Heat the oil and honey in a pan. Add sausages and cook. (An alternative way to do this step is to mix the honey and oil in a bowl and let the sausages marinade in this for 10 minutes and grill)
3. Mash the boiled potatoes. (At this point you could add a little milk and butter to the mash to make it creamy) Stir in the scallions.
4. Serve.

Very VERY yummy! And again ever so simple. I also had a little gravy with this to add a little extra but it's good as it is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!