I came across a recipe in a booklet produced by the Ulster Pork & Bacon Forum which I got at the supermarket recently and decided I had to try it, however I made it tonight with chicken instead of the whole pork fillet the recipe in the book uses.
It was delicious and we actually had some of it in tortilla wraps - so yummy and very easy once again!
Roasted Thai style Chicken
with sticky coconut rice and a chilli dipping sauce
For the marinade
2 cloves of garlic crushed
3 cms of ginger grated
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hoi sin sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 tsp chinese 5 spice
For the sticky coconut rice
250g long grain rice
400ml coconut milk
Pinch of fresh coriander (cilantro)
1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped) (I used a green chilli)
For the dipping sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
Roasted Thai style chicken
1. Mix the marinade and cover the chicken. Cover and leave for an hour (or overnight if possible)
2. Place the chicken in an oven dish and cover with foil.
3. Cook for 45-60mins.
Sticky coconut rice
1. Cook the rice in 500ml of boiling water until the water is almost evaporated.
2. Add the coconut milk to the rice and season to taste.
3. Continue to cook until the rice is sticky.
4. Mix in the coriander and chilli.
Mix the soy sauce and chilli