I've made chicken goujons before and decided to try making them this time with a little southern fried taste to them. I made a little too much of the breadcrumb mix so I've reduced the amounts accordingly in what's listed below:
Oven southern style chicken goujons
250g mini chicken breast fillets
milk or (egg)
2 slices of bread, grated into breadcrumbs
1 tbsp coarse ground pepper
1/2 tbsp rock salt
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 200 celcius
2. Blend all the ingredients for the breadcrumb mix
3. Individually roll the chicken fillets in the flour, then the milk (or egg) then the bread crumbs (folding into the breadcrumbs for good coverage), then place on a baking tray ready for the oven.
4. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Southern style potato wedges
4 medium potatoes (cut into wedges)
3 tbsp breadcrumb mix (see above)
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp ground coriander
1. Boil the wedges for 5-10 minutes
2. Drain the water.
3. Add the breadcrumb mix, cajun seasoning and ground coriander and mix well with the potatoes
4. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 200 celcius.