I've been looking for a good basic curry recipe for a while and read all sorts of recipes for it. So I decided to take some ideas from the various recipes and create my own chicken curry. Delicious!!!!
Ruth's Chicken Curry experiment
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chilli pepper flakes
1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tsp rock salt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp oil
350g chicken pieces
1 cup yoghurt (I use 0% fat greek yoghurt to try convince myself I'm being healthy)
1 tsp corn flour
1. Mix the curry powder, garam masala, cumin, tumeric, ground coriander, crushed chilli, black pepper, salt, garlic and oil in a small bowl to make a paste.
2. Brown the chicken in some oil.
3. Add the paste to the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Stir in the yoghurt and corn flour and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Serve with rice and naan bread.
Delicious! Quite a spicy dish too... just to warn you.