Rob loves it when I come home from the shop with some Smarties Cookies, so I thought as a special birthday treat for him that I'd make him some! And it went as follows:
Makes 10 large cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
5 or 6 tubes of smarties
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. In another bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in smarties.
7. Place rounded tablespoons of the batter onto an ungreased baking tray.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before eating.