Thursday 27 December 2007

My sage, sausage and apricot stuffing

It's only in the last couple of years that I've started to like stuffing and thought I'd give it a go making some and here's my recipe, that was pulled together from various recipes.

My Sage, Sausage and Apricot Stuffing

Serves 3-4

Ingredients

250g sausage meat (I used pork)
25g (about 1 slice of bread worth) of breadcrumbs
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed/chopped
2 tbsp dried chopped sage
4-5 dried apricots
Salt and pepper to season

Recipe
1. Fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes, and allow to cool.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the onion and garlic and mix well (best done the messy way with your hands). (This can all be done the night before)

3. You can either put it inside the turkey (or bird of your choice) or make balls in an oven proof dish or spread out into an oven proof dish.

4. Cook in the oven at 190C for 25-30mins

2 comments:

  1. mmm... that looks so good! i love homemade stuffing. i usually put apples in mine but apricots sound good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was arguing with myself over whether to put apples or apricots in the stuffing, but the apricots won in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!