I love pigs in blankets (cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon) so when I saw this recipe as a "Try something new today" idea from Sainsburys ages ago i had to try it. We loved it and we still do it. So simple and very tasty. But it can also be very versatile, you can add some spices or herbs, garlic salt, honey, maple syrup, cheese, mushroom etc. Enjoy!
Baby spuds in blankets
8-12 baby potatoes
4 slices of back bacon, sliced into 12 - 16 quarter inch wide strips
salt and pepper
1. Parboil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes
2. Drain off the water and allow to cool for a few minutes until they can be handled easily.
3. Wrap a strip or two around each potato and place on a greased/oiled oven tray
4. Drizzle a little more oil over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook in the oven at 190˚C for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the bacon crispy.