Friday 25 January 2008

Fifteens

I looooooove fifteens. I didn't really start loving them until I was about 17 or 18. I was buying some dessicated coconut for another recipe and decided I just had to make some of these too!

There's really not much to these by way of ingredients or work, in fact this is a fantastic recipe for cooking with little kids (which I've done before). And they taste fantastic. I divided the biscuit and marshmallow mix in half to make a batch for Rob without the cherries and coconut, but the recipe should be as it is here:

Fifteens

Make 20-24 small biscuits

Ingredients

15 Digestive biscuits (like Graham crackers)
15 glacé cherries
15 marshmallows (best with the big pink and whites, the little ones don't work as well for this recipe)
2/3 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup dessicated coconut

Recipe
1. Place the biscuits in a large ziplock bag and smash into fine crumbs.
2. Mix the biscuit crumbs, cherries and marshmallows in a bowl.
3. Slowly mix in the condensed milk until the mix all comes together into a ball.
4. Roll into a sausage shape (or 2 if it's easier) about 2" thick.
5. Spread the coconut over a counter of board and roll the "sausage" over it until it's covered.
6. Wrap in a double layer of cling film and refridgerate for 2-3 hours to help it set.
7. Unwrap and slice into biscuits.


Love it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. These look really great ruthe! I bet they didn't last long in your house did they? I love every ingredient they are totally yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really didn't last long, and I'm already planning my second bacth! Yummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth
    I googled 15's and found your blog, thank you.
    My mum is from the Ballykeel Northern Ireland and I visited every year when I was growing up to see the family. I have fond memories of the little cakes all my aunts used to make and vaguely remember 13s or 15s?? I would love to hear of any other cakes which I have forgotten about which you may know of. I love your rain bow cake and will defo put you in my favourites.
    Love Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love fifteens, i was looking everywhere for a recipe but there were none all over the internet and no one i know, knew how to make them !!
    thanks a lot !!
    its a bit weird because today i just turned on the laptop and looked it up and your recipe came up !! and your only from Dromore !! im from Omagh !!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!