I spotted Katie at Good Things Catered had a great Asian style grilled chicken dish on her blog and I decided to give it a go, only with a few edits.
It was so tasty and full of flavour, and the chicken was very juicy and tender. A delicious dish and very handy for a weeknight dinner or for a busy family.
Asian Style Grilled Chicken
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (I used a pinch of ground ginger)
1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil (I omitted.... cos i forgot it)
1/4 tsp hot chili oil (I used a few drops of tabasco)
2 medium chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
I also added the following
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp chinese 5 spice
1. Combine all ingredients but chicken and chinese 5 spice in large bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add chicken and toss to coat and submerge.
3. Place in fridge and marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour. (I left it to marinate for about 3 and a half hours)
4. Heat a little oil in grill pan to medium heat.
5. Take chicken out of marinade and place on grill breast side down. Cook without moving until grill marks have formed on the breast.
6. Flip chicken and brush top with more of the marinade mixture.
7. Cook breast side up until grill marks have formed.
8. Brush chicken one more time and flip breast side down.
9. Turn grill to lower setting and continue cooking until done.