Here's the second round up of of Bookmarked Recipes and this week we have some more great recipes from some more great bloggers:
Ryan from Ryan's Recipe Blog in the UK made a favourite of mine: American Pancakes topped off with bananas and strawberry jam which he had seen made on Ready Steady Cook.
Ricki from Toronto, Canada from Diet, Dessert and Dogs made a beautiful and delicious looking Mock Green Papaya Salad from Vegetarian Times Magazine.
Nilmandra from Soy and Pepper, also based in the UK, made what looks like a very elegant and tasty dish: Smoked Salmon and New Potatoes with lemon crème fraîche that she saw on "Jamie at Home".
Ohiomom, based in Cleveland Ohio, from Cooking in Cleveland made a beautiful Coconut butter pecan pound cake from "Pillsbury - The Complete Book of Baking".
Shira from Petit Pois made some Fennel braised with Thyme and Black Olives which is adapted from Molly Stevens' All About Braising and includes some new fresh garlic in the dish.
Dell of Cooking and the City from Melbourne, Australia joined the round up again with a fantastic Madeira Cake recipe she found on the BBC website by James Martin.
Finally, my own contribution, which shows that Dell and I were on the same train of thought this week: lemon madeira cake as my birthday cake!
That's it for this week. Remember if you want to take part here's all you have to do....
1. Pick a recipe from a book/magazine/blog/website/tv show and make it. (Note you can only submit 1 recipe per week)
2. Blog about it
- include where you got the recipe in your blog post (including a link to their website if possible)
- include a link to this post or this blog in your blog post
- include the logo (see above) for Bookmarked Recipes in your blog post
- include a photo of your recreation on your blog post
3. Email bookmarkedrecipes[AT]gmail[DOT]com with the following information:
- Your name and where you're from
- The name of your blog
- The permalink for your entry
- A photo of your entry
- A note of where you got your recipe from
Every Monday I will post a round up of all the entries here on my blog for everyone to see, share and maybe even try for themselves!