I posted on Monday about a new feature I was going to have on the blog called Magazine Mondays where I would blog about a recipe that I had wanted to try from any of the food magazines I read. I had only planned it as a way of trying to get through all those recipes I had been meaning to try and to also to unfold some of the corners in my magazines, however there were a few comments from people saying they'd like to do the same. It got me thinking there must be a blog event in this. I know I had mentioned about plans for a new blog event but this isn't it... I'll put that one on the backburner for now and announce this one to you.
.....where anyone from anywhere can blog about a recipe they had bookmarked from a cook book, food magazine, food blog, food website, from TV etc, make it and submit it to a weekly roundup.
To take part here's what you do.......
1. Pick a recipe from a book/magazine/blog/website/tv show and make it. (Note you can only submit 1 recipe per week)
2. Blog about it
- include where you got the recipe in your blog post (including a link to their website if possible)
- include a link to this post or this blog in your blog post
- include the logo (see above) for Bookmarked Recipes in your blog post
- include a photo of your recreation on your blog post
3. Email bookmarkedrecipes[AT]gmail[DOT]com with the following information:
- Your name and where you're from
- The name of your blog
- The permalink for your entry
- A photo of your entry
- A note of where you got your recipe from
Every Monday I will post a round up of all the entries here on my blog for everyone to see and share and maybe even try for themselves! I can't wait to see what everyone does!
I'll keep this going for about 2 months and then review whether to keep it going or not.
UPDATE 23/1/09 Check out the Bookmarked Recipes Blog where the event is now being held