When the ingredients were announced for the Royal Foodie Joust (picked by the lovely Elle at Elle's New England Kitchen) I decided I wanted to do something savoury - there are lots of sweet things that can be done with raspberries, lime and almond and don't get me wrong I love than in sweet things but I wanted to challenge myself. I thought and thought and finally came up with this dish:
Almond coated duck salad with raspberry lime dressing
12 mini duck breast fillets
200g ground almond
150g frozen raspberries
Juice from half a lime
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
handful of salad leaves
zest of half a lime
1. Roll the mini duck fillets in the ground almond until well coated.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the duck on each side for 2-3 minutes.
3. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180˚C
4. Place the raspberries, lime juice, sugar, black pepper and balsamic vinegar in an microwave safe dish and microwave on full power for 5 minutes, stirring half way through.
5. Strain the raspberry dressing through a sieve and discard the seeds and pulp that is left (or in true leftover style save it for another recipe!!!!)
6. Serve the duck fillets on top of the salad leaves. Pour over the dressing and sprinkle the lime zest on top.