There was a fab food event last month called the Banana Bread Bakeoff hosted by Not Quite Nigella that I ran out of time to join in with, however Pixie over at You say Tomato, I say Tomato made a beautiful banana bread with strawberries for it. She had explained in the post that she thought it was rather dry and needed some butter spread on a slice for eating, but I was still keen to give this a go. I decided to add an extra banana and a 2 extra strawberries to the mix and left out the walnuts, then using the little scoop I bought for the Daring Baker Cheesecake Pop challenge I placed 2 scoops of the batter into muffin cases and made yummy muffins out of this. They only needed about 35 minutes baking instead of the hour for the loaf and they turned out beautifully full of flavour, and were in no way dry for me!!!!
I've used this as my entry for my Bookmarked Recipes food blog event for this week.
Strawberry & Banana Bread
200g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
75g unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar
1 beaten egg
75g milk chocolate, finely chopped
6 cut up strawberries
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp Golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C, and separate out muffin cases on a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour, salt and soda together into a bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients, except the golden syrup, and beat well together. If the mixture is too dry add a couple of Tbsp of milk.
4. Spoon into the muffin cases until about 3/4 filled. Bake in the center of the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until firm in the middle.
5. Brush the top of the loaf with the golden syrup while it's still warm, to give it a lovely glaze.
Thanks for this Pixie!!!!