It's Royal Foodie Joust time again! This month the ingredients were picked by Erin (The Skinny Gourmet) and were apricot, ginger and butter. Now these just scream dessert to me but I'm trying to avoid too many desserts at the minute so the thinking cap went on for a dinner dish - I actually fell asleep one night thinking through lots of ideas and woke up knowing exactly what I was going to do! Weird huh? I don't know how exactly I decided to make an apricot and cranberry chicken kiev but I have to say it was delicious. I made it for dinner tonight and loved it! (I left out the apricot and cranberry filling for hubby though - have I mentioned that he's picky? lol). My photos don't show the filling too well unfortunately but trust me it's there.
Apricot and cranberry chicken kiev
1 skinless chicken breast
1 garlic clove
10g peeled ginger
1 rounded tsp cranberry sauce
1 tsp butter
1 peeled apricot
2 slices of white bread
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Blend together all the ingredients for the filling
2. Cut a pocket in the chicken breast and fill with the filling.
3. Blend together the coating ingredients
4. Roll the chicken breast in the flour, dip in the egg then roll in the coating
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 180˚C for 30 minutes then serve