Monday 25 August 2008

Taste and Create: Sorbet

If you are a regular reader of my blog you'll know that I love taking part in Taste & Create (check out the new website for it!) because I love trying recipes that others have found to be blogworthy and it also usually means trying something I otherwise wouldn't have! This month I was paired the the lovely Ivy from Little Ivy Cakes which happens to be a blog in my reader so I was quite excited to try one of her recipes. As soon as I spotted her Sorbet recipe I knew I had to try it - I love sorbet but hubby doesn't so I don't buy it too often, also it's hard to get a variety of flavours in my local supermarkets so this seemed perfect.

I made a pineapple sorbet and boy was it delicious! Making it was so much easier than I had thought making sorbet would be. I'm sure Ill be making this again - in fact I have various fruit juices written onto my shopping list for trying out other flavours!



Sorbet

Ingredients

2 cups desired fruit juice or liquid
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp corn syrup (I used honey as corn syrup is hard to come by in these parts)

Recipe
1. In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar and corn syrup/honey and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the juice and let cool.
3. Refrigerate the sorbet mixture for about 2 hours.
4. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions. Or place the mixture in a stainless-steel bowl and place in the freezer until frozen, about 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Niiice!:) I love sorbet, it's so refreshing. I haven't tried pineapple though-and with the strawberries-oh great idea!

    I actually want to try out the honey thing instead of corn syrup too-honey is healthier. I wonder if there is a major difference in how the sorbet turns out.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth is a really nice and fresh recipe! I love it! xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivy, the pineapple sorbet was really tasty. Thanks for a great recipe!

    Thank you Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Ruth one gorgeous sorbet!!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe - so easy to make whatever flavor you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosie

    Thanks Deborah - very easy to adapt

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love sorbet :)

    i was just thinking about how i hadn't visited your blog recently when you popped by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so easy to love isn't it Jaime? Hi again!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!