As soon as I got home I got my little post its out and tabbed every recipe I want to try, which ended up being almost every recipe in the book.
I've made and tried her pancake mix and loved it. It's handy having the mix sitting ready to use and actually knowing what's in it compared to what you get in a shop.
The second recipe I've tried from this book is the flourless chocolate brownie one only instead of adding walnuts I added sliced strawberries which turned out delish! I spread the batter into a bigger pan than Nigella suggested and ended up with 24 thinner brownies that the 16 that would have resulted from using the proper sized pan so that I was able to take the brownies to youth group where they were pretty much swallowed whole!
I was able to save one for bringing home for myself to have with ice cream and chocolate sauce and I'm so glad I did because it was simply fabulous!
Flourless chocolate brownies - with strawberry
Sourced from Nigella Lawson's 'Nigella Express'
Makes 16 squares
225g dark chocolate I used half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate
225g unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
200g caster sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
150g ground almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat
3. Take the pan off the heat and mix in the vanilla and sugar. Leave to cool a little.
4. Beat the eggs into the mixture then stir in the ground almonds and strawberries.
5. Spread into a 24cm square baking pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set but it will still be soft in the middle - but it will firm up as it cools.