It's that time again - Taste and Create time and this month I was paired with Cooking in an Apron. It was really tricky deciding which recipe to make from this blog because as I went through it I had noticed about a dozen that I'd love to try and a few I think I will after this anyways but I decided to make the caramel filled chocolate cookies mainly because I haven't made cookies in forever!
These were so fun to make and incredibly delicious to eat - especially when they're just out of the oven. Check out that just fresh from the oven gooiness.....
Then the final product with some melted white chocolate drizzled on top....
I love these and having bought way too many rolos I'll just have to make them again - or else just scoff them!
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
Source = Cooking in an Apron
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I left these out)
40-48 Rolos, unwrapped (from 13-oz. pkg.)
1 Tbsp sugar(Left this out)
4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, if desired I used melted white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
3. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. (Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans.) If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
4. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.
(5. In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.)
6. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
7. Melt candy coating in small bowl in microwave, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.