I had decided that in an effort to make more of the recipes I bookmark that I should do 3 recipes a month from the food magazines I buy. I've done one better and made a fourth - Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy Food Magazine, January 2009, p37
200g chicken breast, diced
1/2 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp ginger, grated
120ml chicken stock
400ml coconut milk
1/2 lime, juice
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
300g straight to wok noodles
2 spring onions, finely sliced
fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Mix the chicken and cornflour.
2. Heat the oil in a pot and gently fry the curry paste and ginger for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and fry til browned.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk, lime juice, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
6. Cook the noodles in a pan for a minute or two then stir into the soup.
7. Serve the soup topped with spring onions and coriander.