It's Taste and Create time again. This month I was paired up with Tara from Eat, Be and See who is a woman after my own heart being a Harry Potter Fan and by having this cake on her blog that I have made for this month.
Rainbow Cake!!!! Check out Tara's (on her funky Harry Potter plate -
How could you not be excited by that?
So the recipe calls for a box of cake mix. I haven't used cake mix in ages and ages so I'm in the shop trying to figure out what might be best and I forget that plan when I spot that the Barbie cupcake mix includes pink frosting and a strawberry decorating tube so just have to buy that!!!!! It makes 12 small cupcakes worth of batter but that's fine because it'll only be me eating this cake anyways.
I loved this challenge, the smells of the cake mix reminded me of birthday parties when I was little and the white icing mix turning pink entertained me
Source: Eat, Be and See
1 box of Green's Barbie cupcake mix
A mix of food colourings
1. Make up cake mix according to packet instructions and split into 6.
2. Mix in the colourings to the 6 cake mixes.
3. Pour the batter into the centre of your greased cake tin one colour at a time.
4. Bake according to packet instructions - however mine had to bake a little longer because I obviously didn't make the Barbie cupcakes.
A slightly thin cake but good seeing as only I will be eating it.
5. Make icing according to packet instructions.
6. Decorate cake.
7. Slice in and taste the rainbow.