Wednesday 22 August 2007

Minced beef cooking last night

Well last night's chilli worked out good, granted i used a jar of chilli sauce but it was delicious. Had spiced up the rice a little with some cumin and ground coriander which worked well and complimented the chilli.

After dinner last night I prepared a cottage pie to use up some more of the mince and it went as follows:

Cottage Pie

Serves 4


Ingredients
6 or 7 medium sized potatoes
500g minced beef
1 large onion, diced
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 satchet of cottage pie sauce mix
100ml water

1. Boil 6/7 medium size potatoes for 25 minuntes (my husband likes his mash with the skins so I left them on)
2. Brown 500g of mince beef with 1 large onion (diced) - i was going to add in the carrots at this point however my husband came into the kitchen and due to his hatred of veg stopped me from adding them, so i plan to have them served separately for myself.
3. I cheated with the sauce and used a satchet of mix for cottage pie that you then mix with 100ml of water and add to the beef.
4. Bring to the boil then add to an oven dish.
5. Drain and mash the potatoes.
6. Spread the mash over the meat.

The oven dish was covered in cling film and put in the fridge once it had cooled.
The plan is to take it out tonight, put a little cheese on what will be my part of the pie and cook in the oven at 200ÂșC for 35 minutes and serve with carrots and peas for myself, and just peas for hubby, along with some wheaten bread. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!