Thursday, 23 August 2007
We had some leftover cottage pie from last night so my husband said he'd finish it for dinner today which allowed me to indulge in some pasta on my own seeing as he doesn't like it.
I made some spaghetti carbonara as follows:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced
75g/ 2.5oz bacon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
150ml/5.25 fl oz double cream
handful of shredded cheddar cheese
5 medium sized button mushrooms
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions
2. Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onion for 1-2 mins
3. Add bacon, garlic and mushrooms fry until the bacon is cooked. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the double cream, egg yolk and cheese.
5. Stir the mix into the pan with the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the cooked spaghetti and mix.
7. Serve immediately.