I made this based on a recipe from Good Eats n Sweet Treats by MrsPresley and it turned out delicious:
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
1 tbsp olive oil (however I've started to use an oil spray which means i use much less than this)
1/3 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 tsp honey
1/2 to 1 tsp chili paste, or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
store bought pizza dough/pizza base (I went with the pizza base)
1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (however i used cheddar and it turned out great)
1 boneless skinless cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (optional) (but I used oregano instead and it was yum)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté onions on low heat, stirring frequently, until golden and caramelized. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, honey, and chili paste.
4. Prepare pizza dough or set pizza base on chopping board.
5. Spread BBQ sauce over the pizza dough, top with shredded cheese, chicken, and caramelized onions. Sprinkle cilantro(/oregano) over the top if desired.
6. Bake for 13-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Was so so soooo yummy. I left the cheese off one half for Rob, and had put fewer onions on his side (however these were all picked off in the end). Served with crispy potato wedges.