This is another dish I first had in Tennessee and have made it a few times from a satchet since, but decided I should try something from scratch. It went down well and will be cooked again sometime soon.
The original recipe is found on Allrecipes but I've edited it slightly below.
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
1 onion, chopped
1.5 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cups single cream
1. Brown the beef strips in a large skillet over medium high heat and drain excess fat.
2. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender.
3. Add the soup, reduce heat to medium low.
4. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and ground black pepper and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the cream, stirring well.
Serve beef mixture over pasta, rice or if you're my hubby mashed potato, but would go well with all sorts of potato. It just tastes good no matter! Give it a go and let me know what you think.