1 tsp olive oil
1 chopped scallion
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed chili pepper flakes
2 tbsp apple juice
8 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp cider vinegar (can leave this out if you don't have it)
1/4 cup water
8 tsp soy sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Heat oil in a large pan. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Heat the sauce in the pan over medium heat.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve with scallions over the top.
Usually served over rice, but we had ours with baked potatoes. Delish!!!