Well this week I made one of our favourites that I keep going on about... yep, the BBQ ribs and kept the leftover sauce with the idea of using it in another recipe. I used it with some sauté potatoes the day after. I only used 2 tbsp of the sauce so the sauce would have been:
2 tsp honey
2 tsp bbq sauce
2 tsp ketchup
and the tiniest little pinch of crushed garlic/garlic powder
I've wrote out the recipe as I did it for you to see in case you're interested:
BBQ sauté potatoes
About 16-20 mini baby potatoes
1 tsbp butter
oil (for cooking)
2 tbsp BBQ sauce mix (but I'm sure plain BBQ sauce would be fine)
1. Par boil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes
2. Chop up the potatoes into little chunks.
3. Heat up the oil and butter in a pan and add the potatoes. Stir fry for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Stir in the sauce, mix well with the potatoes and keep them moving for about 5 minutes (the honey in the sauce will make them look burnt but they're just caramelising)
5. Serve.... we had ours with southern fried chicken and some of the sauce on the side... Delicious!