Had a go at making egg fried rice a few nights ago to go with our sweet and sour pork... it was so simple and really tasty.
Egg Fried Rice
2 cups of cold cooked rice
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
oil for cooking
salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly beat the egg with the salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in a wok. When hot add the egg and mix it to scramble (about 1 or 2 minutes)
3. Remove egg and wipe wok clean.
4. Add a little more oil to wok. Add rice and stir fry (use chopsticks or wooden spatula to stir gently), until the rice is heated through.
5. Add the soy sauce and stir for a further minute, then serve.
You could mix in all sorts and make this a dish on it's own. Very similar and versatile.