Thanks Jeena for your mince pie recipe. I had some fun making them and will get them all packaged to give to people as gifts before Christmas.
Jeena's Nanna's mince pies (slightly edited)
Makes 12 pies
8 oz Self Raising Flour
3 oz butter (softened)
1 Tbsp White Sugar
Small Jar Mincemeat
5.5 Level Tbsp Cold Water
1/4 cup orange zest
NB you will need a large and medium sized cookie cutter, as well as a jam tart oven tray
1. Place flour, butter, sugar and orange zest in a mixing bowl and rob the ingredients together until it becomes like breadcrumbs in consistency
2. Add the cold water and mix the crumbs into a ball of pastry using a blunt knife or spoon.
3. Using your plain flour, flour a surface and roll out the dough very thinly. Then using your large cookie cutter, cut out 12 shapes and place in your jam tart tray.
4. Add a teaspoon of mice to the middle of each pie
5. Dip your finger in a little water and gently dab the edges of your mince pies to help the lid stick.
6. Roll the leftover pastry out thin again and cut out 12 shapes with the medium cookie cutter. Place the lids on top of the pies and gently press around the edges.
7. Mark a star shape on the lid using the edge of a blunt knife.
8. Place in the middle of an oven preheated to 205˚C and cook for 17 minutes or until slightly golden.
Delicious!!! Thanks Jeena.