I had spotted a pair of heart shaped food rings when I was getting our groceries and couldn't resist buying them. As I was getting the rest of my shopping I was planning what I was going to do with them. And here it is:
2oz crushed digestives (or Graham crackers)
1 litre vanilla ice cream
3 small merigue nests, crushed
5 crunchie bars, crushed (Cadbury)
1. Melt the butter in a small pot then mix in the biscuits.
2. Heat the oven to 145 degrees C. Set the rings in a baking tray and press the biscuit/butter mix into the rings. Bake for 10 minutes then leave to cool.
3. Defrost the ice cream a little.
4. Mix the crushed merigue and almost all of the crushed crunchie into the ice cream.
5. Top off the heart rings with the ice cream mix then keep in the freezer to set then remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove rings and top with leftover crunchie to serve.
I can't wait to eat this now! I'll add the final picture of it being served on the 14th.
I've submitted this in the Heart for your Valentine event seeing as it's an edible heart. You can see all the other edible hearts here.