This week for my Bookmarked Recipes event I've made some chocolate melting moments from the Christmas 2007 edition of Easy Food magazine (I know I said I'd make something from a different source but these were calling me!!! Next week I promise!) I had just bought an icing kit and I was keen to try it out, but found I needed to add some extra butter to the mix to make it go through the kit.
They were delicious little treats that didn't last too long because they were all scoffed in no time! Incredibly easy to make and put together.
Chocolate melting moments
125g butter , diced (I added in an extra 25-30g)
2 tbsp icing sugar
110g plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsbp cocoa
100g chocolate spread (I used nutella)
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C
2. Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Sieve in theplain flour, cornflour and cocoa, then gently fold them into the mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a 5mm fluted nozzle. Pipe onto a lightly greased baking tray, leaving space for the little biscuits to spread a little when baking.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes. Sandwich the biscuits together with the chocolate spread.
6. Store in an airtight container.