I was given some Maltesers and Terry's Twilight chocolates for my birthday this week and my first thoughts were to make tasty treats from them.... I've gone past the point of just enjoying them as they are to wanting to morph them into other things. Well we did end up just eating the maltesers as they were and very yummy they were indeed!
The Terry's Twilight however were used in a traybake recipe today and here's what I did:
Minty crispy treats
Makes 16 traybakes
300g milk chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 cups crunched rice krispies
1 box of terry's twilights (about 24-26 individual sweets)
50g white chocolate
1. Put some water on to boil in a saucepan and place a glass bowl on top.
2. Add your chocolate and golden syrup to the bowl and melt.
3. Stir in the rice krispies, then spread the mixture into a 6"x6" tin and press down using a metal spoon.
4. Clean your glass bowl and place on top of the saucepan again.
5. Add your twilight chocolates and allow to melt. Spread over the top of the pressed down krispie chocolate mix.
6. Clean the bowl again and place on top of the saucepan again.
7. Add the white chocolate to the bowl and allow to melt then drizzle over the top of the minty chocolate layer.
8. Leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours, then remove and slice into 16 portions.
I'm so glad I had one before I took them to my youth group because they were gone before I got a chance to have another one!
For people who don't have the privilege of having twilights I suggest just buying some minty flavoured chocolate and giving this a go anyways!