I decided it was high time I experimented again in the kitchen and spotted some green chilli that needed used up and had some chicken and several other things on hand so I threw together this tasty little dish. Rob really loved this too but mainly because I kept the veg to myself and gave him more of the chicken.
I've sent this recipe off to Sangeeth for the Eat Healthy - Protein Rich contest.
Green chilli and cashew chicken
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 tsp ground ginger (I was going to use fresh but discovered I had run out and not restocked!)
Pinch of sugar
200ml chicken stock
1 tsp cornflour
Handul of cashew nuts
Handful of sliced mushrooms
Handful of broccoli
Handful of cooked sliced bamboo shoots
1 or 2 spring onions cut diagonally
1. Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, green chilli, garlic, ginger and sugar in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour.
2. Place a wok on a medium heat and add the marinated chicken. Stir fry for 5 minutes until cooked through.
3. Add the stock, cornflour and cashew nuts and leave to simmer and reduce for 15 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms, brocolli, bamboo shoots and spring onions and cook for 3/4 minutes.
5. Serve with rice and chopsticks..... enjoy!!!!