Thursday 12 March 2009

Monthly Triplet: Basic Lemon Curd

This is my 2nd of 3 recipes bookmarked for February. In my last post for February's monthly triplet (which I've just decided is the name for this'feature') I mentioned how there weren't many recipes in February's magazines that I wanted to try out, but there were 2 recipes, which doesn't work well for a 3 recipe feature but here is the first of the 2 magazine recipes - Basic Lemon Curd.

I've never really had much lemon curd but I've spotted another recipe I'd love to make which requires lemon curd so I thought why not try and make it too.

I didn't take a photo of it cos it's lemon curd, how exciting a photo are you going to get? But if you really want to see photos of lemon curd check out the Google Image search for "lemon curd".

Basic Lemon Curd
Source: Easy Food Magazine, February 2009, p 62

Makes about 500ml

Ingredients

125g butter
Juice of 4 large lemons
250g caster sugar
4 eggs

Recipe
1. Melt the butter, lemon juice, and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Take off the heat and set to the side.
2. In a bowl whisk the eggs until mixed together.
3. Pour half of the lemon/sugar/butter mix in with the eggs and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the lemon mixture. Bring this to the boil, stirring continuously, the reduce the heat and gently simmer until the mixture is thick and glossy.
5. Pour into sterile jar or container and leave to cool before covering and refrigerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!