Back in March I was very fortunate and blessed to get to visit Beirut, Lebanon. You can see my vlogs from this trip in this and this blog post to see more of what I was getting up to there and some of the food we experienced.
Since coming home I have tried making some of the traditional Lebanese food for myself, one of these dishes being the well known tabooleh. This is a very finely chopped salad made up mostly of parsley, tomato and onion and dressed in olive oil and lemon juice. Very simple but amazing and flavourful.
The recipe below is adapted from Taste of Beirut's Tabooleh Salad
2 bunches of flat leaf parsley
1/2 bunch of fresh mint
3 scallions or 1 small onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Wash and dry the parsley and mint. Remove the leaves from the stalks and finely chop the leaves.
2. Wash the scallions and finely chop.
3. Wash the tomatoes and finely dice.
4. Mix together the herbs, scallions and tomatoes in a bowl.
5. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice and olive oil together using a fork.
6. Mix the dressing into the salad and serve!